This version features:
- A new, faster state-of-the-art universe constraint checker by Jacques-Henri Jourdan.
- In CoqIDE and other asynchronous interfaces, more fine-grained asynchronous processing and error reporting by Enrico Tassi, making Coq capable of recovering from errors and continuing to process the document.
- Better access to the proof engine features from Ltac: goal management primitives, range selectors and a typeclasses eauto engine handling multiple goals and multiple successes, by Cyprien Mangin, Matthieu Sozeau and Arnaud Spiwack.
- Tactic behavior uniformization and specification, generalization of intro-patterns by Hugo Herbelin and others.
- A brand new warning system allowing to control warnings, turn them into errors or ignore them selectively by Maxime Dénès, Guillaume Melquiond, Pierre-Marie Pédrot and others.
- Irrefutable patterns in abstractions, by Daniel de Rauglaudre.
- The ssreflect subterm selection algorithm by Georges Gonthier and Enrico Tassi, now accessible to tactic writers through the ssrmatching plugin.
- LtacProf, a profiler for Ltac by Jason Gross, Paul Steckler, Enrico Tassi and Tobias Tebbi.
A lot of other changes are described in the CHANGES file.
Coq 8.6 initiates a time-based release cycle, with a major version being released every 10 months. The roadmap is also made public.
To date, Coq 8.6 contains more external contributions than any previous Coq version. Code reviews were systematically done before integration of new features, with an important focus given to compatibility and performance issues.
Coq Enhancement Proposals (CEPs for short) were introduced by Enrico Tassi to provide more visibility and a discussion period on new features.
|coq-installer-8.6-i686.exe (32 bits, bundled with CoqIDE, compiled using OCaml 4.02.3 and Camlp5 6.14)||82 MB|
|coq-installer-8.6-x86_64.exe (64 bits, bundled with CoqIDE, compiled using OCaml 4.02.3 and Camlp5 6.14)||83 MB|
|CoqIDE_8.6.dmg (bundled with CoqIDE, compiled using OCaml 4.02.3 and Camlp5 6.14)||109 MB|
|Reference-Manual.pdf (also online)||1.7 MB|
|Standard Library online documentation|
|coq-opensource-archive-i686.zip (sources of the files installed by the 32 bit Windows installer, to comply with license requirements)||262 MB|
|coq-opensource-archive-x86_64.zip (sources of the files installed by the 64 bit Windows installer, to comply with license requirements)||262 MB|